And How Can You Afford Them?
The loss of teeth can be a fact of life. Fortunately, there’s a good range of tooth replacement options today. Of those options, implants are at the leading edge of dental technology.
While the price depends on each individual’s unique needs, dental implants can cost several thousand dollars. While some insurance plans may assist with costs for implants, some do not. It’s important to me that my clientele know just why dental implants are so expensive, and what makes this advanced surgical procedure well worth the investment.
Why Are Dental Implants Expensive?
- Positioning dental implants in a mouth is an art as well as a science. In addition to up-to-the-moment technology and materials, it involves years of specialized study and practice for the dentist and other professionals involved with the treatment.
- At the core of each tooth implant is a high-performance, titanium post. While this material is not cheap, it offers long-lasting results. Not only does the post offer lifelong support; it will also protect the jaw in a way no other tooth replacement can. The titanium post is designed and positioned to fuse with the jaw. This process, called osseointegration, results in strong, perfectly functioning teeth that replicate healthy, original teeth. Supported by these posts, porcelain crowns create a beautiful, white smile.
- In addition, there are costs that come with sedation. This helps you be more comfortable and relaxed during the procedure.
The Price of Missing Teeth
If you have missing teeth, you might be letting future expenses build up without knowing it. Here’s why:
- The remaining teeth tend to shift around the gaps. Some people need orthodontic care to realign teeth that have shifted.
- Missing a tooth can also cause subtle health problems related to chewing and digesting food.
- For some people, missing teeth can impair speech.
- And for just about everybody, leaving spaces in the mouth leads to gradual bone loss over time.
So, when asking “why are dental implants so expensive?” be sure to take note of the price of going without implants.
“Completely painless procedures.”
– Charlie Sauer
Tooth Replacement Options: Compare and Contrast
Dental implants may not be your only option. A partial denture or a bridge of well-made replacement teeth between original teeth can perform well for many years. They will typically need to be replaced themselves, though, at some point later in life. The cost-benefit decision has to feel comfortable to you.
If you choose implants, the types of dental implants will impact costs. There are several options, from mini implants that stabilize dentures, to single implants, bridges connecting implants, and full sets of temporary and permanent replacement teeth.
For some people, the area requires extractions or bone grafts. You will likely need X-rays and specialized scans as well.
Your initial consultation will chart out a plan for your oral examination to identify options for treatment and pricing.
Insurance and Affording the Cost of Dental Implants at Coastal Periodontics
One important element of an initial consultation is a clear financial road map. You want to understand your options and their likely costs before embarking on any treatment path.
We offer discounts for our senior clientele, and we also accept Care Credit and Wells Fargo. We accept both PPO and DPO plans from major companies.
In addition to Delta Dental, we work with Aetna, Ameriplan, Ameritas, Assurance, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Cigna, Dearborn National, Humana, Lincoln Financial, Metlife, Principal Financial, Sunlife Financial, United Concordia and UnitedHealth Group. Cobra may also cover certain dental and gum disease treatments, so be sure to check availability and costs for your plan if you’ve recently left your workplace.
Our staff will complete and submit your insurance forms free of charge. We take your financial commitment seriously, and strive to accurately estimate the amounts your insurance provider will cover and help you afford the cost of dental implants.
Few Things Are More Valuable Than a Lifetime Smile.
Implants provide reliable, lifelong performance. Are they the right solution for you? The best way to learn more about how implant surgery works, and whether dental implants suit your own circumstances, is to schedule your consultation with Coastal Periodontics and Dental Implants in Lake Jackson.
Meet Your Periodontist
I am Dr. Marie-Claire Tredinick. I earned my M.S. and periodontics certification from the University of Texas Health Science Center, then became a Diplomate of the American Board of Periodontology. For the past two decades, I have performed implant dentistry. I founded Coastal Periodontics as part of my goal to bring the most advanced tooth replacement science to the Lake Jackson and Rio Grande Valley communities.
My own training and background in implant surgery are complemented by the skills of an outstanding staff, proficient in the use of laser-assisted technology and advanced techniques to ensure both precision and comfort.
My staff and I care about keeping the expense of dental implants affordable. I’d be happy to speak with you about putting together a treatment plan that makes the best financial sense for you. Call 979.413.4595 to begin.
Chew Without Pain. Get a Beautiful Smile.
Dental implants can change your life. Explore your options for dental implants with Coastal Periodontics’ state-of-the-art technology.
New Patient Special: Support the Charity of Your Choice
Get a complete exam, X-rays and 3D CT scan all for $175. We’ll create a personalized care plan for the treatment that is best for you, whether the revolutionary Pinhole Technique for gum recession, laser assisted treatment for gum disease, and a variety of implant procedures to replace missing teeth or support dentures. Plus, you’re supporting your community – 30% of your payment will go to the charity of your choice.